Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Of the Cereal Box Variety: Musical 'Ku - How Many Songs Can You Identify?

There are 86 different songs referenced/alluded to/quoted/outright labelled in these Musical Haiku. Can you find them all?


Fly above the clouds
Everyone knows it’s Windy
Capture the moment
*****
Waiting a long time
For Saturday, in the park
Can you dig it? Yes.
*****
Well, Eli’s coming..
Better better hide your heart
Never get away
*****
Are you using me
Touch me but don’t take me down
How can I be sure
*****
Little pretty one
You gonna give me some time
My my Sha-ro-na
*****
Brother or mother
Ah Ah Ah stayin’ alive
Dancin’ man, can’t lose
*****
Mr. Tanner was
baritone. Sang from his soul
It just made him whole
*****
clever little boys
musically inventive
we ready? Ok Go
*****
Mayday! I’m sinking!
I’m sinking,  “Iche liebe dich…”
…sinking, “I Love You”
*****
Tell me your secret
himitsu wo shiri tai
Mr. Roboto
*****
you spin me right round
you look like you’re lots of fun
like a record, babe
*****
you spin my head right
round, right round when you go down
like a record, babe
*****
Boogie with suitcase
You’re living in a disco
Forget the rat race
*****
Been working to hard
We can do it take your time
Do it right, tonight
*****
So lost without you
Come back and carry me home
What are you thinking
*****
Make your mind up fast
Here it is come and get it
Hurry it’s goin’ fast
*****
Feelings. Nothing more than.
For all my life I’ll feel it.
Again in my arms.
*****
Long road, winding turn
I am strong, we will get there
He is not heavy
*****
I’ll go on shining
But I must be moving on
Will we meet again
*****
In mighty jungle
Wimoweh, ee  um a weh
Tonight lions sleep
*****
Clowns, jokers abound
Stuck in the middle with you
This is where I am
*****
sweet disposition
act like no one’s watching you
I’ll be coming over

reckless abandon
a moment, love, dream aloud
kiss, cry, our rights, wrongs

stay—I’ll be coming
while our blood’s still young, it runs
never surrender
*****
I promise. I’ll wait.
Wait for me. I’ll make you fall.
Promise you I will
*****
Talk ‘bout Pop Muzik
Double Dutch Bus comin’ down-
And Whip It REAL GOOD
*****
Walk the Dinosaur
Pass the Dutchie left side and
Gag me with a spoon
*****
If I sing off-key?
Would you walk away from me?
Friends help me get by
*****
Talkin’ bout hey now
Iko iko an nay
-haiku? Gesundheit!
*****
Good night, sleep tight and
Pleasant dreams to you. And now
Til we meet again…
*****
And we all are still
Asking that question over
Just how soon is now?
*****
When I’m alone with
You, you make me feel like I
I am home again
*****
People are people
Why should it be you and I
Should get along bad?
*****
Something happens and
I’m head over heels don’t break
My heart, throw it away
*****
You saw me standing
Lights flashing on windowsill
Don’t say a prayer now
*****
Catch the blue train to
Places never been before
You will find me…there
*****
Go- olly jeepers
where did you get those eye-eyes
Pee-ee-eek-a-boo!
*****
Don’t leave me standing
Alone in a world so cold
Demanding? Too bold?
*****
Her smile seems to me
A reminder of mem’ries
Oh sweet child O’ mine
*****
Cops in donuts shops
Way-oh-way-oh-way-ooo-aaa-ooo.
Walk like Egyptians
*****
Too ra loo ra aye
We are far too young, clever
Ah come on Eileen
*****
We can dance, leave friends
If they don’t, not friends of mine
S…a…f…e…t…..
*****
Kajagoogoo winks
Hey girl, move a li’l closer
Too shy. Eye to eye
*****
The real tough cookie
Breaks hearts. Lets see how you do
Give it your best shot
*****
Watch out. You’ll get it
Cool…strange but not a stranger
Burning down the house
*****
Tommy Tutone liked
Jenny. What was her number?
867- something?
*****
My first name ain’t “Baby”
It is Janet-Miss Jackson
If you are nasty
*****
Deception with tact
One thing leads to another
One’s lying to me
*****
Everybody Say
Hear it, get it underway
Wave your hands in air

Do your dance for me
Come on tell me what’s the word
Pretty babe, Word Up
*****
When you’re Down Under
Eat a Vegamite Sandwish
It’s Just Overkill
*****
But I like candy
When it’s wrapped in a sweater
Candy all the time
*****
Everybody talks
Why don’t they just let me live
My prerogative
*****
Asked if I love you
What could I say? You know I
do. Oh hold me now.
*****
Good Goody Two Shoes
Don’t drink don’t smoke. What to do?
There must be something
*****
Where were they going
Without e’er knowing the way?
No cares, happy there                                    
*****
We said goodbye ere hello
Wanted someone to dance with
Black jeans don’t matter
*****


Goodbye…pray for me
Too much wine and too much song
How’d we get along

Goodbye, trusted friend
Known each other since nine or ten
Skinned hearts and skinned knees
*****
Hop inside my car
Love ya, need, want ya
You know I love you
*****
They HAVE to say that?
" Have a happy period"
Alice cooper knows.
*****
It’s so groovy now
reach out in the darkness and
you will find your way
*****
papa oom mow mow
p-papa ooma mow mow
papa oom mow mow
*****
‘Cuz I get my kicks
above the waistline, Sunshine
Murray’s in Bangkok
*****
A fool such as I
Fooled around and fell in love
A fool in the rain

Hank-Snow-Elvin-Bishop-Led-Zeppelin-Ku
*****
F-F-F-Foolin’
The fool on the hill keeps still
You’re foolin’ yourself

Def-Leppard-The-Beatles-Styx-Ku
*****
Strange and beautiful
I will put a spell on you
Screamin' Jay knows, too
*****
which road should I choose?
what is the an-answer to
the question of U
*****
goodbye to the ghost
make a casket for my tears
gather the splinters
that live in my haunted head
and I will always love you
*****
No time to regret
You kept your same old safe bet
I’ll go back to black
*****
Since the garden walk,
I’ve re-written James’ song
to “Allergy Eyes”
*****
Obsession
Every breath you take
One way or another

Like a butterfly
I’ll collect and capture you
I will find a way
*****
Some were spellbound, some
Were hellbound, some they fell down
Get up! Fight meltdown!
*****
change changing places
root yourself to the ground one         
word can bring you round
*****
ovulate
menstruate
obfuscate
“aleve”-iate
try not to hate

if-INXS-were-female-ku
*****
The answer is yes
We have to take our clothes off
To have a good time

Jermaine-Stewart-was-wrong-ku
*****
Adele with the pipes
she’s wrong. Not “someone like you”
someone much better
*****
take me out tonight
take me anywhere, for the
light never goes out

smiths- ku
*****
Struttin’ her stuff. Hi,
Joe, wanna give it a go?
He started to freak

Gitchi-gitchi-ya-ya-da-da-ku
*****
What’s your fantasy
Like the way you receive me
I’m comin’ on strong
*****
Clouds in my coffee
Carly Simon had it right
We know what you think

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment